Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trials

So this first week has been... rough...
It started out great.  I had my goals, I wrote them all down.  At first I did really well.  I woke up when I was suppose to, went to bed when I was suppose to, read what I was suppose to, worked out when I was suppose to, managed to do all of my assignments right after I received them... I was feeling pretty good.  Confident.  For the first time in my adult life, I was going to adhere to a routine, and not only follow one, but enjoy it too... benefit from it.
The end of the week could have potentially destroyed that.  In case you didn't notice I didn't post my progress on Friday like I absolutely insisted that I would... I hate that, but instead, I will be posting it today.  As the week went on, the workouts became harder and my ability to gather materials needed for my installation proved fruitless... kind of hard to do until your refund check comes in.  I simply set my sights too high.  That's okay. I accomplished a lot anyway, and that's something to be proud of.  I will continue to try and maintain what I have set out for myself as best as I can.
And yesterday, as I was trying to pick up the pieces, something exploded in my face (not literally of course...) but it immobilized me for the rest of the day.  I did nothing but feel like a piece of shit to be honest.  It was devastating, and now as I am recovering, it's a little slow going, but I'm doing my best to move forward...

First things first, progress on my installation.  I did nothing.  I had no money therefore no materials... so here's where I left off...



















So, this isn't how it's going to be lit at all, but yeah, that's where it's at.  I have a lot of work to do before March.  Oh my... I don't even want to think about.  But anyway, I'll be posting more pictures this next Friday of the work I got done... unless I do a lot of work over the weekend... then you just may see it on Monday or something.

Anywhoo, as far as the weight loss thing goes, even though I struggled at the end of week, apparently my efforts were not in vain.  I've lost 2 lbs. I am now 159.  
Kaiser signing off, reminding you to not drink and drive...

4 comments:

  1. Im loving how your installation is coming! hmmm and that looks like my tv stand lol Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! It is! Once you see how amazing and fun it is, I'm sure you'll feel like you were a major contribution to awesome. You know it's true. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The installation looks great! I quite enjoy that fancy raven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Alyssa! I'm really hoping the pace picks up for this thing here. I'm hoping some more equally fancy and quirky "fantasticals" roll out of my mind soon!

    ReplyDelete