Thursday, February 24, 2011

The effects of prolonged artistry

It's the night before judging.

I've exhausted all of my resources...


This extreme work-a-holicism has depleted me physically as well as mentally... it has even taken the electricity out of my hair.  Either that, or the crazy just seeped back down into my head.


But at any rate, I'm rather proud of my accomplishments (even though I still have much to do!! SO MUCH!). It's exhausting and I'm sick of it, but at the same time it's kind of addicting, just watching something so big, so beyond yourself even, unfold so quickly before your eyes.  I'm left wondering just how have I done all of this?

Artist statement that I posted most recently is the final.  It has the green light from my advisor and quite honestly, I have no comprehension of what's good/bad right now so I'll take his word for it.  Oh, and I officially decided on the title for the whole thing, it's going to be....

...

...

Isolation Sensation

I had to decide upon something that reflected the solitary experience of the thing, but not make it sound cliche, alien (as in green alien man), horror-movie esque, or too somber, because it really isn't... at all (surprisingly).  I also had to choose something that reflected me as an artist.  I'm a little over the top for lack of a better word... I just don't mean that in the, "you went too far...." sense.

So there you have it.  I am so hitting a pub tonight.




1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen the koi until now. It's lovely! Ernest "likes the fish" and is "really diggin' the colors."

    ReplyDelete