Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I will tell you the reasons

Why Derek is my best friend.

In the midst of mass disapproval of my most cherished relationship, my best friend stuck by my side. My best friend was happy for me. My best friend understood what Nathan really meant to me. My best friend wanted what was best for me, and not for himself.

During that time, my best friend embraced how this relationship had changed me greatly and even was interested in discussing those changes with me.

My best friend and I have had our differences, but having you back in my life once again, brought us closer together than ever before. With a different appreciation for who we were as individuals, as well as the true uniqueness that we shared as friends.

My best friend gives me the worst birthday cards ever.

We swim in caves during thunderstorms and eat fruitsnacks in peculiar natural wonders. We drink tequila because we truly love it, and walk barefoot outside on the pavement in January.

When we were young, but not too long ago, we created a world together. That world still exists today and has grown into something that would have been out of our comprehensions back then. That world still waits for you, and always will, when you're ready.

I put explosives in your birthday cake to tell you how much I love you.

My best friend and I are snobs and reciting that fact makes us grin.

My best friend and I, will conquer this world.

Derek, you know I can never say enough.

Your friend,
Christine













No comments:

Post a Comment