Saturday, April 12, 2014

Old Alunae Snippet

I've been writing a lot recently and I've been sifting through the ever-so-impending stack of papers that is everything that is Alunae up until this point.  Let's see, 3 binders, 2, 3 subject notebooks, and 2 folders (including a Chuck Norris one) folder filled to the limit with all my past notes, writings, alternative stories, versions, etc... I've re-started that particular novel 5 times and have more or less written it entirely 2 times over.  Needless to say, there's a lot.

Anyway, one of the best finds was a brief excerpt from Captain Jonathan's point of view, originally written April 10, 2011.  Ironically, I found and read this exactly 3 years after it was originally written... so I thought, "That's pretty neat."  So Ima share it...

    What makes her that way?  The way she teases me, tortures me without a word.  Her gaze deconstructs everything I have ever known and reassembles it all back according to her design...  And quite honestly I'm unaware of what that is precisely.

    What to do?

    This is no pleasant or desired state to find one's self in... somewhere between the walks of life's true beauty and utmost agony.

    I study from afar, I admire in proximity, and there I shall remain.

    Others do not understand, let alone appreciate her for how truly remarkable she is.  They tread so closely, so blindly, so confidently.  Alas, they do not deserve her.  I do not deserve her.

J. Harold


Aw.  What a sad romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment