Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm just a girl from Northwest Ohio


    Ever since I was a wee one, I always held to the core of my being particularly inspiring ideals proposed by some admirable few.
    Today is January 20, 2012.
    Some people believe the world is going to end this year.
    I am not one of those people.  My approach to anything considering the nature of mortality is I'd rather just be occupied with it.
    That doesn't change the "electricity in the air," as a dear friend of mine put into words.
    He's absolutely right.  The electricity was in the air since before we were born.  It's been in the mix since the dawn of the social movements of the 60s.  And if you don't feel it, look around you.  It's become difficult to not notice the after-effects, thus, the signs.  One thing always leads to another?
   "Your generation will bare witness to some big changes."  That is already so true.  Do we really think it's over?  It's only the beginning.
    To quote Radiohead; however, "...Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there..."  Is this just every generation's predisposition to believe such fantastical romanticism?  History happens.  Not all happen to history.
 
    Does it make you nervous, excited?

    Out of everything that has happened in my relatively short duration here on Earth, Y2K, 9-11, George W. Bush... never before have I felt so anxious, so ready, so aware, so... angry.

    Am I just that age?  The archetype, young and outspoken, female artist?

    Perhaps.

    But, I'm also a huge supporter of non-confrontational methods.  If I'm telling you, confrontation may be necessary... the force is not in balance with the galaxy.
    You know times are changing when the notion of a 23-year old, cross-dressing artist running for president as a gag sounds like a less insane idea... even if only to a small handful of individuals on an insignificant niche of the internet.

(No offense to my fans, by any means. <3)

No comments:

Post a Comment